Audiobooks are the perfect way to get your reading fix without actually having to read.
They provide hours of entertainment and can be listened to while you’re doing other things, like driving or cleaning.
But audiobooks have a lot more going for them than just being convenient: they’re also good for you!
Audiobook listeners tend to experience better comprehension of language, which is one reason that some studies suggest that audiobooks might be even better than reading because it’s easier on our brains.
If you’re not convinced yet, here are 14 reasons why you should listen instead of reading:
- Listening to an audiobook can be a more convenient way of reading. Audiobooks let you multitask with your daily activities while still following a story.
- You might think that listening takes less effort than reading, but in reality, it’s just as good for your brain and comprehension levels.
- Research has shown that audiobook listeners experience better comprehension of language – which is one reason some studies suggest they’re even better than reading because it’s easier on our brains.
- Listening to audiobooks can help make up for the decreased time spent reading due to digital distractions like social media or other technology.
- Some people find audiobooks especially useful when driving because they need both hands free while their eyes stay focused on the road ahead.
- When you’re listening to an audiobook, you don’t have to interrupt your reading for any reason. Interrupting can be especially frustrating if you’re in the middle of a good book and need to stop because someone else wants to use the Kindle.
- Books on tape are great for multi-taskers who want to do something other than reading but still keep up with the story.
- Listening to an audiobook is one of life’s most perfect multitask since it lets you do something else without missing out on some great entertainment or education. Audiobooks can fill that period of time when other things are distracting your attention from reading.
- Audiobooks are a convenient way to practice and develop language skills.
- Audiobooks are great for when you’re doing things that take concentration, like driving or cleaning.
- Audiobooks are a great way to get your hands on a book without having to spend money on it.
- There’s no waiting for the postman with audiobooks-you can start listening right away!
- You don’t have to keep track of your place in an audiobook and needn’t fumble through pages that have been wrinkled in your bag or pocket.
- You might have to read a page over again when you’re just reading the book because it’s not as easy as listening where you can easily rewind or fast forward with audiobooks.
As you can see, audiobooks have a lot going for them.
They’re convenient, they help make up for lost time spent reading due to digital distractions like social media or other technology, and they are just as good (if not better) than reading.
Listen to them anywhere, at any time!